Today’s physical activity note:
Increasing your overall activity level adds up.
- Stand instead of sitting if you can.
- Tap your foot if you are sitting.
- Use a stability ball in place of a desk chair.
- Take the stairs.
- Plan to walk or bike places instead of driving.
The more you move, the better.
- Walking and getting up and down from a chair or seated position is very good for you. Stand up when you take a phone call or if you are on a conference call.
- Go up and down steps or stairs- it is working against gravity and aging. Walk upstairs to use the bathroom on a different floor.
- Dancing or swinging your hips is good for everyone. Solo or with a partner or in a class, great music makes it way more fun.
- When you raise your arms overhead, it’s hard to feel bad or to cry. Smile at yourself when you reach up.
- Stretch your arms up and out if you’ve been staring at a computer screen or smartphone. You can feel your body open up.
Find ways to just increase your overall daily energy expenditure. Moving is what keeps your body and mind young and able to adapt to changes around you.